If you’re thinking about sending your little one(s) to day care, you must be feeling a whirlwind of emotions right now. But fret not, as this is an exciting time for you and bub!
In the midst of researching a long list of day cares to contact, reading reviews and recommendations, and locking in centre tours, your mind is probably racing with questions like “Will they be ok without me?”, “What if something goes wrong?” or “Is the teacher going to know how to handle X?”
This post is kindly sponsored by Bliss Early Learning. Register your interest for the March tours on their Facebook page: Sandringham Open Tour Evening.
To make the process a lot smoother, Bliss Early Learning have developed a list of 20 questions you should ask at your next day care tour:
1. Can we visit or check up on our child in care any time of the day?
2. What is your child to caregiver ratio? / How many children attend the daycare?
3. Are meals provided (if so, what does your menu look like?) or do parents need to provide food? Can parents bring food for picky eaters?
4. What do I need to pack in my day care bag for my child?
5. What activities do you do with the children? What does a typical day look like?
6. What happens if we’re late to pick-up or require someone else to pick up our child?
7. What happens when we need to miss a day due to vacation or illness?
8. What happens on public holidays? What days is the centre closed throughout the year?
9. How do you handle discipline or behavioural problems? For instance, how do you handle biting, hitting, or bullying situations?
10. What is the potty-training procedure?
11. If my child is sick, do you administer medicine and/or emergency allergy treatments?
12. How do you keep parents up to date on their kid’s daily activities or behaviour? Do you offer a daily report?
13. What degrees or certifications does your staff have?
14. Do you have references I can contact?
15. What are the fees?
16. Are there any types of discounts available (paying in advance, second sibling discount, etc.)?
17. If we want to cancel care, how much notice must we give?
18. What happens if we want to increase, decrease or change days?
19. Do you require bond?
20. Is there a waitlist?
While this journey may seem a little daunting, remember that it is a great opportunity for your child to interact with children their own age, hone on their reading and writing skills and is great for their overall development.
Since you’re already in the process of booking centre tours, why not join us this March at our Bliss Sandringham centre for an 'Open Tour Evening' every Wednesday from 6:00pm - 7:00pm.
If you haven't toured our Sandringham centre yet, pop in and find out what makes us different and unique! At your tour you will be able to see our centre, visit the room where your child will attend, meet their educators and our Centre Director Urszula, and see our indoor and outdoor learning and play areas.
Evening tour dates are as follows:
6th March 2019, 6:00pm - 7:00pm
13th March 2019, 6:00pm - 7:00pm
20th March 2019, 6:00pm - 7:00pm
27th March 2019, 6:00pm - 7:00pm
Register your interest for the tour on our facebook page: Sandringham Open Tour Evening.
Bliss Early Learning
1300 717 777